Saturday, May 20, 2017

Thankful Thursday

Well, yesterday was quite the day!!! There is a nasty weather system approaching for the weekend and yesterday the first wave moved through north of here. We didn't have storms but early in the morning they issued a wind advisory. Now, keep in mind, I live in the middle of the Midwest and we have two areas - city and country and that country area is wide-open!!! About 3 I looked up from the computer and immediately thought there must be a house on fire somewhere. . .I literally could not see the house a block over!!! I opened the door to see if it was smoke and my mouth was immediately full of grit and dust!!! We were having a dust storm!!! We had massive rains a few days ago and the fields had dried so farmers have been replanting their crops this week. With the rain, replanting and the wind, the dust just went airborne!!! They had to close several roads and interstates due to multiple car wrecks and visibility. . .sadly there was at least one fatality. My husband was traveling last night and had to take country roads to get to his destination because of road closures. . .even at 9 last night the wind was fierce and I couldn't see down the street. Our power went off a couple of times. . .thankfully today seems much calmer!!! Because of the weather, I didn't get things posted yesterday so here goes. . .

Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using And with that I am outta here. . .until next time. . .

No comments: