Friday, June 15, 2018

It's Hot, Bob!!!

One of the local car dealerships started using the catchphrase "It's Hot, Bob" a few years ago and my goodness, when you hear that first commercial on the radio you know that it is officially summer!!! The phrase reminds me of the "Where's the beef" phrase. The "It's Hot, Bob" has taken on a life of its own. I've heard people from the next state over say it randomly on the soccer field so I know they have driven through this area and heard that commercial!!! It has been hot, but we've had over 4-inches of rain last weekend. The odd thing is with all that rain, our sump pump never discharged once. . .it has been so dry that all that water just soaked into the ground. Our ditches are dry, I don't think I've ever seen this before. Just about 45 minutes south of us they had over 8-inches of rain and one of my farmer friends had 2 trees uprooted in his yard and lost the roof on his barn because of the high winds. He said there was a mile of power poles snapped off and all of their corn was laying in the fields. I think as early as it is in the season that corn will straighten up, but hope it does so quickly or it could start to rot and that wouldn't be good at all!!!

I've been recovering from a busy weekend so my scrapping time has been limited again this week but here goes. . . Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using And, with that I am outta here to get my errands done while it is still bearable outside. Then I'm making cold salads for the weekend heatwave!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: