Friday, June 8, 2018

Quiet Week

Well, this has been a quiet week after a messy weekend. This past weekend was our scheduled trip to a huge amusement park. . .each year we take both families so the cousins (10 years old and under) can spend a day playing together and having fun. Our daughter and her family came to our house Friday and Saturday morning we piled into the SUV for the trip. IT was a nice sunny day until we rounded the corner about a mile from the park and there was the biggest shelf cloud I think I have ever seen. A quick look at radar confirmed there was "radar redness" as far as we could see. We pulled into the McDonalds outside the park and evaluated the situation. We decided to go to our daughter's house which is very close to the park and maybe wait it out. Three hours later the rides were still closed so we decided to do this whole thing a different weekend and went to the Children's Museum instead. I know the kiddos were disappointed but I'd rather have a full day of fun instead of a half day of trying to cram in a lot of fun stuff.

This weekend, both of our girls and their families will be here for a special dance recital. Both of my girls took dance at the local studio and this year is the 30th anniversary of ownership for their teacher. The alumni will be back this year for a group dance. I know that is going to be emotional and I'm kind of excited for the grandkids to see their Moms on stage!!! But it is going to be a FULL HOUSE!!! I'm going to be busy planning fun things to do and getting food together!!!

So, I have been scrapping a little bit so here goes. . . Created using Created using Created using Created using And, with that I am outta here to go get a start on a super busy weekend!!! Until next time. . . Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using

No comments: