Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Busy Busy Weekend

It is Monday, but since it is a 3-day weekend for my husband I'm still considering this part of the weekend. Our weekend started out on Saturday with a show choir competition. Our girls were in show choir years ago, but when they were in show choir we were behind the scenes taking care of kids, costumes, props, staging, etc. Now that our kids are grown we can sit an enjoy the shows. Our school district was finally able to build a new, totally awesome auditorium with proceeds from a county sales tax. Gone are the days of sitting in a gym, we had comfy seats for the day. One of our daughters managed to come down so she and I sat through 14 hours of show choir performances. . .think Glee for 14 hours!!! It was so much fun!!!

Then Sunday I got to spend time with one of the grandkids. . .she was in rare form for sure!!! Last night, we had concert tickets to see Jason Aldean. Goodness, that was an incredible concert. . .the opening acts were A Thousand Horses and Thomas Rhett. I do think this was one of the best concerts I have ever been too. . .Elton John with just a piano is still #1 followed very closely by Cher. Last night's concert was the best technical show I have ever seen. . .totally awesome. Not so sure my husband enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure I can't hear today, but goodness, I'd go back in a heartbeat!!! Then today we are going to catch a movie so all in all it has been a weekend packed with things we enjoy :-)

I do have a couple of pages to share. I have been holding a LOT of pages back though because of all the technical issues at Digital Scrapbooking Studio so there will be a bevy of pages at some point here. So, for the moment, here is what I can share. . .





These were created using

And, with that I am outta here for the day. There is a winter storm predicted for tonight and I want to work on stocking the freezer with meals that I can just pull out and heat up. . .when I do that it just feels like a vacation day :-) So, until next time. . .

No comments: