Friday, April 22, 2016

Where Did It Go???

My goodness, this has been a wacky-doo week for some reason. I don't think I actually got that much accomplished, but goodness I am exhausted and I don't see rest in my future until Sunday!!! I think my week started out kind of strange. For a couple of years I have been contemplating getting a cutting machine. On Monday I had errands that I needed to run and it just so happened the craft store was up that way so I stopped in just to check out the merchandise. They had the inventory tags for the machine that I wanted and I know I can't use my weekly coupon to purchase this thing. But, I was still on the fence so I left. Told my dh about my travels that day and there was something he needed from the hardware store up that way so I told him I'd go take care of it on Tuesday. Well, since I was across the street from the craft store I decided I'd bite the bullet and get the machine so I was familiar with it before the grandkids came for the summer. . .I have an idea for a project or two that we could do when they visit. So, after the hardware store, I went to the craft store, got the inventory tag and a couple of other things and headed to checkouts. She called back the order so they could pull the machine and proceeded to ring me up. I paid and then waited. . .and waited and waited. The phone rings and guess what. . .they don't have the thing in stock and apologized profusely because there shouldn't have been any tags to pull. I was waiting in line so they could process my refund. . .another 20 minutes because of a problem. While I was waiting I asked them if a store an hour away had one in stock. She called and yep, they had one. . .they would pull it and have it at the Customer Service Desk for me but I had to go pick it up that day or it would go back into inventory. So, even though I was only running on 4 hours of sleep, I hopped in the van and drove an hour to the craft store. As I pulled into my parking space, it suddenly occurred to me that this store doesn't actually have a Customer Service Desk which should have been my first indication. . .waited in the line for refunds (this store had a HIGH number of returns, but I digress). It is finally my turn and I tell them my tale and the lady walking by said "Oh hi, I took the call, the machine is over here". . .then she walks over the a register and there is no machine there. She said they probably just forgot to pull it so I walked with her to the back of the store and related my tale of woe. . .we got back there and I waited 30 more minutes. Then she comes out with her tablet and a stack of paper. . .bad news, they don't have any in inventory. . .the good news is they have 18 in the warehouse and she has already ordered 2. She apologized profusely then gave me a rain check for the machine along with a 40% discount for my trouble!!! Now, you have no idea how sssswwwweeeeettt that is!!! I've been looking at this thing for a couple of years and it absolutely NEVER goes on sale and coupons can NEVER be used on it. I have stalked Amazon and all the craft stores here. . .it is ALWAYS the same price. So, I'm getting my machine for over $100 the retail price!!! That makes this decision all that much easier!!!

And, with all this, I have managed to do a little bit of scrapping so here goes. . .

Created using



This was created using





Created using



Created using



Created using



Created using





Created using



Southern Serenity Designs' Center Stage Templates - No longer available And, with that I am outta here to go get a start on the day!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: