Wednesday, June 22, 2016

What A Weary Week

The heat here has been wicked this week. There will be a brief respite tomorrow. . .if you consider 89 a respite. . .it is going to heat up again on Sunday!!! Thank goodness for air conditioning. I grew up south of here very close to a major river. It was so hot and so humid, at least here there is no extreme humidity although we have had rogue storms this week that has caused the humidity level to raise. And, growing up I did field work on the farm and we didn't have air conditioning. I can remember times that because we had well water and the cows needed water us humans had little water. Mom would take our clothes into town 45 minutes away to do laundry at my aunts house because they had unlimited water. All in all I have a really cushy life I think :-)

Today I do have to venture out and get groceries and run a couple of errands. . .for the most part when it is this hot I stay indoors. My body doesn't handle heat all that well and my joints this morning seem to be screaming so I am really dreading this trip outdoors. But, with all this heat it is the perfect time to do some scrapping so here goes. . .



Created using



Created using



Created using And, with that I am outta here. . .I am hearing rumblings of thunder in the distance so maybe our heatwave is about to break!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: