Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Ice Pellets!!!

I never know what to think when I see "ice pellets" in the forecast. This week our forecast has gone from 8-12 inches of "ice pellets" to nothing to 5-8 inches of snow to nothing again. After this first round, we have a coating of ice that flash froze after having over a half inch of rain yesterday. We went from 60 degrees one minute to 45 degrees the next with dark skies, heavy rain and high winds. The temperature just dropped consistently from there to a low of 14 degrees last night. . .that is quite the temperature swing. There was one point yesterday where the geese were BOOKIN' in to the south!!! I saw wave after wave after wave of geese flying for all they were worth!!! At one point last night, we couldn't get our front door open because it had frozen shut!!! The garbage man has come and I really need to go to the curb to bring in the can before it blows away but goodness, I don't relish the thought of slipping and sliding to get there and back. . .wonder if I could drive the van to the end of the driveway and fetch that can . . . hummmmm.

Needless to say, with the forecast I did all of my errands yesterday so I could just settle in for this cold snap. . .we have even more weather coming on Sunday / Monday. With all this weather, I've been hunkered down just scrapping away so here goes. . . Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using And with that I am outta here!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: