Tuesday, December 4, 2018

December Dash

Well, this past weekend was literally a whirlwind!!! Friday I had all sorts of errands to run and was able to get nearly everything that I wanted to get done accomplished. Saturday was a trip to see our granddaughter in The Nutcracker. . .while we were eating with them, I checked the weather - it was 60-degrees on Saturday and there were storms in the forecast. I saw there had just been a tornado in my husband's hometown where his Mom lives so I had him check on her. . .then started watching the storm as it went through. There were 22 tornado reports from that system - the town where my sister-in-law and her girls' families live took a direct hit. We had to pull over on the drive home to let the tornado pass in front of us!!! We were pulled over and our big SUV was rocking with the wind!!! It was so scary!!! Then yesterday, I went back to watch the second show of The Nutcracker and it was snowing!!! Such wacky weather!!! Thankfully everyone is OK. . .one house was damaged but still livable and my MIL was home by herself and got to the basement. When we got to our house, we hadn't even had a drop of rain!!! We were 3 miles from a house being blown off its foundation!!! So crazy. Anyway, the weekend is over, it is cold and snowy this morning and life is good!!!

With all the activity, I haven't been scrapping as much as I would have liked to have been doing but I'll share what I have done. . . Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using And, with that I am outta here to knock out some of this holiday stuff!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: