Saturday, March 21, 2020

New Reality

I have to say that never in a million years did I ever imagine I'd be living through this pandemic. My parents were part of the Great Depression and I grew up with stories of that. It no doubt shaped my life. What strikes me about all of this is it seems so "sudden". Today, our state goes on lockdown. . .and a person with an immunosuppressive disorder, I'm very cognizant of what can happen so I do appreciate the actions our governor took yesterday. We did go out yesterday and got a few items. . .after nearly a week, we were able to find toilet paper so that was a plus. Our grocery store was out of most everything. . .no meat, no flour, no yeast (I could make my own bread if necessary, but have to have the ingredients). I stocked up on cat food and litter so she is good for a while. We also picked up things for a few home projects that we had wanted to do so my dh will have something to do other than watch the news all day. And I do want to say I haven't been a fan of our governor, but in these trying times, he is stepping up and I do believe he has the best interests of the citizens in mind as he is dealing with this. . . Most of the week has been spent worrying about one daughter getting home safely and the other daughter whose dh works in a hospital and is considered essential. Then there are the preparations necessary for staying home for an extended period of time so my scrapping has been limited this week so here goes. . .my one regret is not making it to the library before it closed earlier this week!!! Created using Created using Told you it was a short week!!! Stay safe and enjoy this time with your family. . .until next time. . .

No comments: