Saturday, December 5, 2020

Decidedly December

Well, in the year of 2020, we have finally made it to December!!! Sure hope that next year is better than this year has been. But, having said that, December is a super busy month around here. Even without those Nutcracker performances and Christmas programs, it seems we have even MORE to do this year!!! We won't be having a family Christmas. . .going to give up one Christmas in the hopes of many more to come. So, instead of gathering here, we are going to be taking "drop and run" trips to both of our daughters and my MIL to drop off the presents at the end of their driveways!!! Also our immediate family has not one, not two but three of the four birthdays are this month!!! We start with mine next week, then within 10 days of Christmas both girls have their birthdays!!! Now, keep in mind, they were supposed to get here in late January and mid February, but they both liked the holidays so much they decided to make early appearances!!! I've been busy trying to get things wrapped up early and now I'm just waiting on those orders to show up. I did shop early so I anticipate that things will get here sometime this week or next, then I'll take a day to wrap everything up and plan our trips!!! I have to admit I'm kind of excited about the trips because we don't leave the house for much these days. Today was the first time in two weeks I've been to the grocery store!!! However that one trip is a 5 hour drive and we try hard to avoid people so stopping is a minimum - we even pack a lunch to eat in the SUV at a rest area. In fact, that rest area will be our only stop. . .I was pleasantly surprised that they have staff there wiping down everything after a person touches a surface. . .very diligent and it made me feel safe. Having said that, I count people going in and out and only go in once I think the coast is clear, I wear my mask and vinyl gloves and use sanitizer so look out COVID!!! I have a few things to share today so here goes. . . Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using Created using WOW!!! I have to say I have been busier than I thought!!! It feels good though to be scrapping without a deadline hovering over my head!!! So that is a wrap for me this week. . .now I'm off to finish cleaning out that junk closet and sorting through photos to hand down to my girls!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: