Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas!!!

It is finally here!!! Christmas Day!!! While this year is quite different from years before, I hope you find a way to make the most of this wonderful day!!! This year for the first time ever, I won't be with the girls and their families over the holidays. While our celebration was always closer to New Years, I'm feeling a slight bit of sadness, but last night I started thinking. This may be the chance for the girls to start traditions of their own and that makes me happy. They have always come here at some point over the holiday to visit and this year that can't happen. . .it is double hard for me because our oldest has a birthday tomorrow too. Needless to say, my season has been filled with nostaligia and I can't say that has been a bad thing. We have delivered all gifts and that was quite fun. . .we made an adventure of driving and purposefully staying away from people. We even packed a lunch and ate a sandwich from the cooler while parked at a rest area. It was actually quite fun considering I haven't been out to eat since this whole thing started!!! I do have to admit, this has made me find joy in the little things of life and that too has not been a bad thing.

With the holiday, I don't have a lot to share so this will be short and sweet. . .so here goes Created using And, with that I am outta here. . .I'm going to go make some cinnamon rolls, fix the dinner rolls for our mini feast today. Then I'm going to get Mom's pan out to cook that ham. I have used that pan every year since she passed away. . .kind of brings her spirit into the holidays. So, until next time, enjoy your holiday season and make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in. . .

No comments: