Friday, November 19, 2021

Gearing Up For Turkey

I've been gearing up for Turkey Day for a week or so. Let me tell you, procuring that bird was the hardest thing!!! At one point, the only turkeys in the freezer section were birds where the packaging had been pretty much ripped to shreds. Now, I usually opt for a fresh turkey, but there were none to be had. I finally got a turkey which is much larger than I need, but I figure I'll freeze what we don't eat and we can have turkey salad sandwiches and turkey tetrazzini into the first of the year. Again this year, there will only be the two of us. Both of our granddaughters have Nutcracker performances the first two weekends in December and I would much rather go to that than have everyone together for Thanksgiving. We will all be together the following weekend and watching ballet on stage is way better than eating turkey in my mind. . .and since both of our daughters and granddaughters are dancers, I'm pretty sure they would agree. However, at this point I'm trying to figure out when we can get together for Christmas. That in and of itself is no small feat. . .I'm not fond of weekend Christmas dates and it seems like everyone goes back to school on January 3rd this year!!! So the window of opportunity is very, very small this year!!!

I continue to be busy working on Christmas gifts so I only have a couple of things to share today so here goes. . . Created using Created using That's a wrap for today - told you it would be a short list - LOL!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: