Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Wonderful Weekend

Well, so far it has been a wonderful weekend. . .we went to our granddaughter's spring ballet on Friday night then went back on Saturday for her annual recital. She is 6 and was in 3 numbers. . .with both the ballet and recital the same week, it has been a whirlwind week for them, but she held up like a trooper. I honestly think she loves being on stage!!! Then yesterday, our other daughter and her family met us at the recital and then spent the night with us. Our oldest granddaughter has a birthday this week so she is a little excited about that!!! They left early this morning because her birthday party is this afternoon.

Then today, today is the trifecta of sporting events for me. . .first up, there should be a baseball game, then a NHL playoff game, and last but certainly NOT least it is Talladega, Baby!!! I really enjoy NASCAR and those super speedways just do it for me!!! I love the tension, the strategy, and the overall thrill. This morning I was thinking about the race. . .I would love to smell the track at 'Dega and I would certainly like to hear the roar of those engines, but that is a HUGE track and I kind of like watching on TV. I like to watch racin' on smaller tracks where I can see all the action, but even then, you can't see everything like what goes on in the pits and sometimes that is as important as what is going happening on the track!!! Needless to say I am super excited. . .I have a pork roast in the crockpot and the house is smelling amazing and I don't have too cook. There might just be some nachos and cheese for a treat, and of course there will be my normal Sunday afternoon fare - popcorn!!! Let's go racin' baby!!!

With all this excitement, I have managed to do a little bit of scrapping so here goes. . .



These were created using an oldie by Kristmess





Created using

Created using





Created using And, with that I think I'm outta here. . .had a full day planned, but plans change so I'll redirect my efforts. Until next time. . .

No comments: