Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Final Countdown

OK, I know some of you are going to read this and think that I am gearing up for New Years, but nope, our Christmas celebration is this Sunday!!! I have a few last minute gift arrivals to wrap, another trip to the grocery store and a granddaughter to entertain today. . .then tomorrow is full-on cook til I drop day!!! I am hoping that I can have everything squared away so Sunday I can just throw stuff in the oven and enjoy being with everyone. We'll see how that goes!!! We don't have a typical "Christmas Dinner" because at this point folks are pretty much done with holiday fare. . .instead years ago on Super Bowl Sunday we started a tradition of "Junk Food Day" which is just a whole bunch of finger foods and fix it yourself stuff. When I asked the girls years ago if they wanted ham or turkey for Christmas or if they wanted just to go the Junk Food Day route since they are grown and out of the house now with their own Super Bowl festivities, they wholeheartedly replied they wanted JUNK FOOD DAY!!! And now, my grandkids are vested in the notion of nothing but junk food for an entire day. Now, Junk Food doesn't have to be unhealthy. . .this year we are having Carnitas with homemade Salsa, Guac, and Salsa Verde. Along with that will be homemade Italian Beef, a veggie plate, a fruit plate, garlic lime wings and a potato skins bar. I always make some kind of holiday dessert for the kiddos too. The challenge for me now is to work around food allergies and I think I have done it this year. . .maybe the exception will be the Italian Beef because one of the ingredients for that has sulfites in it and we really do NOT want an epi-pen to have to make an appearance that day!!!

With everything going on, my scrapping time has been somewhat limited, but here goes. . .

Created using Created using Created using And, you can tell that I was overwhelmed with Holiday Hoopla because I totally forgot to publish this!!! So here goes and until next time. . .

No comments: