Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Different November

This month is so different from all the other Novembers before. This will be the first Thanksgiving that I haven't had people around to enjoy. . .this year is it just the two of us. Typically by now I'm deep into cleaning and planning and prepping. Instead, I am debating on whether or not to put up Christmas decorations and coming to the realization there will not be a turkey on our table come Thursday. Here, while we are not under a mandatory lockdown, for all intents and purposes that is what is in effect starting today. No gatherings of more than 25 people, no restaurants, 25% capacity at stores. I'm not sure how churches are managing to have services on Sunday. . .the situation is getting worse by the day here. In our little county, we had 8 deaths reported yesterday and are well over 100 at this point. While most of the deaths have been the elderly, increasingly the age is going down. . .there have been several in their 50's this week and scattered reports of folks in their 30's. This is serious folks!!! Most of us are giving up so much so folks can defy orders and continue to congregate, shun masks, and just be selfish individuals. I have grandkids I haven't seen since this mess started. . .I have grandkids that have missed orchestra concerts, an entire season of swim team, baseball and soccer, and not only a recital but Nutcracker performances that will be silenced for the first time in several decades. If people would just stop politicizing this disease and been smart and considerate, I wonder if it would have come to this. . .you people have taken so much from so many!!!

And, if that weren't enough, typically by this time in November, we would have had our first snow. Instead, it has been in the 60's here.

I am still working hard on scrapbooks and calendars for Christmas so I don't have as much as usual to share with you but here goes. . .

Created using Created using Created using Told you this was a short list :-) And with that I am outta here to go work on those scrapbooks!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: