Sunday, July 31, 2016

Laundry Day Memories

Today is laundry day in my house and for some reason I'm remembering those days from my childhood. Our "laundry room" was in the garage where the deep freezer was and it consisted of a wringer washer. We had well water and a dairy farm so water was a precious commodity and was much needed in the dairy barn. So, we conserved water like it was gold!!! We would wash all of our clothes in the same water for the week. . .no clean water for each load. But then again, we didn't take baths everyday either and we all used the same bath water. Dad always got the clean water, then Mom, then me until my sister came along and she was 3rd on the list then me. I honestly didn't mind being last because I could play in the water. . .but darn that water was COLD!!! Oh, back to laundry, we actually had 2 "dryers". . .one was 3 sets of clothes lines in the backyard that was used for sunny days. The other was a couple of lines in the garage in the same area where the deep freezer was and those were used for rainy days. On a day like today, those clothes would be hanging in the garage!!! In the winter time those clothes would freeze because there was no heat in the garage!!! I can't tell you how "upscale" I thought we were when Mom and Dad built a porch on the back of the house and got a used washer and dryer from my aunt who was upgrading her appliances and was going to toss her old stuff!!! My goodness to be able to throw a load of laundry in and not have to wring it out by hand was incredible. . .but, in the summer we went back to the wringer washer for the longest time to save water. . .but that dryer could still be used!!!

Well, enough of that story, I've been busy this week scrapping away so here goes. . .



Created using

Created using



Created using



Created using And with that I am so outta here. . .until next time. . .

No comments: