Sunday, October 9, 2016

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

I just occurred to me today that it is October and I am STILL wearing shorts!!! This is whack-a-doo!!! Normally by now I have switched over to winter wear but not this year!!! In fact it is supposed to be in the upper 80's tomorrow!!! Seriously, I may have to turn on my air conditioner!!! There is rain in the forecast for tomorrow and after that it is supposed to be somewhat cooler but not as cool as it normally is this time of year!!! It is hard to think about the holidays when it is this warm!!!

This week has also been a busy week. . .I think every school I have ties to has homecoming this week but it looks like I will miss those festivities this year. The local homecoming parade was tonight and I missed that. When our girls were in school the parade was always on Thursday night followed by "Olympics" and a bonfire until the powers that be deemed the bonfire a hazard and that tradition bit the dust. The homecoming game was on Friday and the dance was on Saturday. . .then they decided to skip the Olympics altogether and have everything on Saturday. . .that was rough!!! Both of our girls were on the Dance Team and performed at halftime then had to take off and get ready for the dance. . .other kids had sports out of town so they didn't get to participate in homecoming at all. So, it seems like the traditions are gone and they kind of schedule things when they want. . .around here Wednesday night is a church night so there were conflicts with that. There were even folks who had a rough time getting to church because Main Street was closed!!!

I have managed to do a little bit of scrapping this week. . .I hope next week I can work on my 2017 calendars. At this point I am 1/4 done since I have January through March done except for the photos!!! Then I also want to get a start on those scrapbooks. My goal is to have these things done by the end of October so I'm not stressing in November!!! Anywhere here is this week's work. . .

Created using

Created using And, I totally forgot to publish this. . .UGH!!! Hate when that happens. . .oh well :-) Until next time. . .

No comments: