Thursday, October 20, 2016

YIKES!!! Record Heat

It is so hard to believe it is October. . .Halloween is in 2 weeks, but today we are supposed to have record-breaking temperatures!!! It could get close to 90-degrees which is just entirely TOO warm for this time of year. Last week one of my farmer friends had a neighbor who was harvesting beans, my friend noticed what he thought was dust then realized it was SMOKE!!! The combine had started a field fire. If you have never experienced that, let me tell you it is NOT something that you want to experience!!! The farmer was still in the combine and the dry beans just went up in flames. . .he was able to get out and was relatively unharmed. . .the combine was damaged somewhat and the other farmers contained the fire before it spread to other farms. Thankfully that day didn't have a lot of wind, but had that happened the next day. . .we had strong winds and the outcome would have been entirely different. Those field fires are becoming more frequent in this area. . .Not sure how I'm going to keep cool today since I simply refuse to turn on the air conditioner in October. Have never done that in my lifetime so we will see if I break down and cool off for a while. . .since I knew it was going to be super hot today, I put a pork shoulder in the crockpot. . .we will have a tasty dinner and the kitchen won't be hot!!!

I am concentrating on some miscellaneous scrapping this week and going back and correcting a LOT of store links that were broken this past week. . .hate when that happens and I do want to apologize upfront because the links were valid when the blog posts were created. . .but these links should be good to go :-)



Created using And, I totally forgot to publish this page again!!! So here goes. . .Until next time. . .

No comments: