Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Crunch Time

Well, it is certainly crunch time!!! While we won't do our feast until Saturday, there is still plenty of work to do!!! I have always gotten a fresh turkey to prepare so I ventured out yesterday to get all the perishables so I can do the bulk of my cooking on Friday. . .frees me up to play with the grandkids on Saturday instead of spending a ton of time in the kitchen. I found a turkey, put it in my cart and decided to take a look at the ingredient list. Good thing I did because the second ingredient behind "turkey" was vinegar!!! My daughter is allergic to vinegar!!! So, put that turkey back and ended up getting a frozen bird!!! Now, I have a limited amount of time to get that bird thawed out. . .so I feel confident there will be a day of cold water bathes for the turkey tomorrow!!! I want to put the bird on early Friday so it can cook. . .then on Saturday I'll just heat it up before we eat. Works for me instead of getting up super early on the day of the meal!!!

I have managed to do a little bit of scrapping so I do want to share what I have done before the chaos ensues!!! So, here goes. . .

Created using Created using Created using Created using And with that I am outta here to go rest a tad before the fun of tomorrow starts!!! I truly do love Thanksgiving!!! Until next time, hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!

No comments: