Friday, November 4, 2016

Wicked Weather

I'm not gonna lie, last night was just a little scary!!! All day yesterday I have a "feeling". . .it is entirely too hot for this time of year!!! And there was rain in the forecast - rain mind you, not storms!!! After all, it is supposed to be a bit cooler today, but not drastically cooler. I was watching the local news round 4:30 and saw a thunderstorm warning for the area where my daughter lives. I started having flashbacks to the day 3 years ago in November when her and her family were grocery shopping in town. . .she had a toddler at the time. Warnings were issued and they moved everyone to the back of the store. . .the mothers and children were crammed into the small office and told to get under the furniture. . .the fathers were left in the back of the store. By the time they were allowed to leave the parking lot had carts everywhere, the huge light poles had snapped or twisted and most cars had lost windshields. . .thankfully their car was spared any damage. On their way back home, there were roads closed and it took well over 1-1/2 hours to make the 1/2 hour drive. About 20 minutes from their house there had been a devastating tornado. So, needless to say, I was nervous all day yesterday. Then around 5:30, a tornado warning was issued for the area just north of us. . .the TV station was showing radar constantly and I noticed a decided "hook" about 5 miles from my house!!! The sky was wicked. . .then suddenly, the talk went from the area north of us to the area just west of us. That is when every siren started going off. . .a tornado had been spotted aloft. I went downstairs to wait it out. . .as I was sitting in the hallway, I heard a "whoosh" and could tell the wind had picked up and things were hitting the house. And as suddenly as it started it was over. . .went back upstairs and they were reporting there was rotation less than a mile from my house. There was no damage but there is no doubt in my mind that went over my house. . .All of this is just part of living in the Midwest. But goodness, I sure do wish the temperatures were closer to normal for this time of year!!! We should be anticipating our first snowfall by now, but the high today is going to be in the 70's!!! Crazy weather!!! So not sure what this means for the upcoming winter. . .it is either going to drastically warm or it is going to be really bad!!!

With my nervous energy yesterday I split my time between cleaning and scrapping so I'll share the scrapping. . . Created using Created using Created using Created using And, with that I am outta here!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: