Saturday, December 17, 2016

Wintry Mix

Don't you love it when you have so much stuff to do and places to go and you end up with a "wintry mix"!!! Over night we have had ice, then a bit of snow. Today it is supposed to really warm up to 42-degrees with rain. . .but, wait for it because I live in the Midwest. . .by 3 this afternoon the temperature is going to drop to 9-degrees with freezing rain and snow!!! They are advising against all travel which is just fine with me!!! I don't relish the idea of sitting at the bottom of a ditch!!! The problem is tomorrow is the Christmas celebration at my mother-in-law's house. Now, I remember a Christmas exactly 35 years ago when I had just gotten home from the hospital a few days before with a newborn who only weighed 4-1/2 pounds. We had weather that was much like today and we agreed that it was too dangerous to take the baby out. So, my husband went without us that year and I worried about him the entire time. . .Oh goodness, was my MIL ever angry at me!!! Sorry, but my family comes first to me :-) I do feel pretty good about what I have accomplished so far regarding the upcoming holiday. . .I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with all the chaos and things I want to do for the girls. Anymore we make a lot of Christmas stuff and I think most of my stuff is done. I do have one project to finish and I might just be able to do that today since I'm not going anywhere. Still have to make the potatoes for the meal tomorrow and we have some gifts to wrap but since they are for my husband's family, he is more than willing to wrap them. I get the ideas and execute the plan and he wraps the gifts!!! Anyway, I have managed to do a little bit of scrapping so here goes. . . Created using Created using And, with that I think I am outta here!!! I want to make some muffins, sew, make a side dish for tomorrow and then relax and enjoy the day!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: