Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Another Day, Another Winter Storm

Well, it is another week and another forecast for snow and bitter cold that has come true. We had a hot dry summer, so I suppose we are due for a cold, wet winter. Sure would be nice to even this out a bit. On Friday when I went to pick up my granddaughter, I ran into some really nasty weather and saw a couple of accidents. Accidents always seem to happen on that same stretch of road - in fact, there have been several fatalities. Last year during a snow storm the emergency workers had responded when I semi came through and lost control. . .it slammed into the firetruck and there was several injuries and one fatality. Given that history, you would think they would concentrate snowplows in that are, but when I went through there on Friday the road hadn't been touched. There were again several emergency vehicles because of the accidents - one looked quite serious. I picked up my granddaughter and on my return trip no less than 20 minutes later, there were multiple state police and 6 snowplows working on the road. It was much improved in that short amount of time!!! At any rate, we got home safely and my granddaughter was a trooper!!! She was quiet as a little church mouse on the whole trip!!!

You know that you are in for another round when NOAA issues a "special weather statement" on Sunday for Tuesday and Wednesday. On Monday, they changed it to a Winter Weather Watch and before I knew it we had a Winter Weather Warning. My dh was home sick yesterday and today when he got up and saw the snow, he decided to work from home. But, to be honest, I don't think he feels very good still.

With the weather, I did manage to get a wee bit of scrapping done, so here goes.

This was created using Creative Victorian Designs' Infatuated which is the February Free With Purchase at both Scrapbook Bytes and Creative Victorian Designs.

And, how about a couple of retro pages?



These were created with

And, with that I'm outta here to do a little craft project and a bit of cleaning. Until next time. . .

No comments: