Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Summer Wind Down

Around here, summer is coming to an end. . which means the temperatures will be going up!!! This past weekend, we had the little village festival. It has become a tradition for the grandkids to come and enjoy the carnival. This was the first year the youngest little fella was big enough (and awake) to take in a ride or two. The look on his face when his Mom put him in one of the little kid cars was absolutely PRICELESS!!! He drove that car around that ride for all he was worth!!! The two older kids (4 and 6) are moving up to the next level of rides like the Scrambler and Tornado as long as Mom or Dad are with them. I thought after going to Six Flags earlier this summer that the carnival here would be a let down, but they really did enjoy it. I couldn't believe how difficult it was though to find a snow cone!!! Eventually we did, but there was only 1 stand for that commodity!!!

After having a guest for the past couple of weeks, I think this week is going to return to some degree of normalcy. It amazes me how I spend so much time cleaning before the kids come for a visit. . .and then how much time I spend cleaning AFTER they leave!!! They aren't messy, but there's an inherent amount of work that I have to do. . .wash sheets, put up toys, etc. Then today, I have a couple of errands to run - why I can't remember to get dishwasher detergent is beyond me!!! But, I am determined that I'm not going to leave until the dense fog disappears!!! According to my Dad, this will mean another snowy day this winter!!!

I have had fragmented scrapping time lately, but want to get these pages out there. . .so here goes.

First up a delightfully rustic offering from Snickerdoodle Designs!!!



This was created using

And, how about these super airy pages made with Lara's Digiworld's Mental Vacation.



These were created using

I absolutely love the colors in this exquisite kit!!!



These were created using

And, with that I'm outta here to go do some non-computer things. Have an idea to rearrange a bedroom and I don't know if it is going to work or not, but I'm giving it a go today!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: