Monday, August 11, 2014

Sunday Slow Down

The day after we take a grandchild back home always seems to be a let down. We had so much fun, but instead of being able to enjoy some outdoors time, it literally rained over half the time she was here . . . and the other half of the time was unbearably hot for a fair-skinned little girl. Today I am exhausted in part from the ride down and back, but tired at the same time in a good way. I know that doesn't make any sense, but it does to me and that is really all that matters.

And, while I'm at it, can I just say how sorry I am for some of the posts that my niece has on Facebook. She lives in a little town and will never really know the world outside her little bubble. Either she has no idea how hurtful some of the things she posts can be or she simply doesn't care. In some regards she is just so incredibly naïve, and she must certainly be trying to be cool, but in this day and age when we live in a global world, there is honestly no room for insensitivity!!! I grew up in an area not too different from what she did, but over a half-century ago, my parents taught me to respect others no matter what!!! Seems that lesson was not passed on in the case of my niece. Suffice it to say in some circles the things she posts would be grounds for being fired!!!

At any rate, I did manage to do a wee bit of scrapping last week when my granddaughter wanted to play by herself for a bit. . .First up. . .

This was created using Next up. . .

This was created using

And, finally

This was created using



And, with that I'm outta here to get some things accomplished today and to clean off this messy computer desk!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: