Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Thankful Tuesday

Well yesterday was a very interesting day. . .had a 2-year old guest for the last day and goodness did we have fun!!! Then it was time to take him back home. We had just gotten through town and in fact had just gone through the 4-way stop on the way out of town when both of our cell phone alarms went off. Yep, we were under a TORNADO WARNING!!! We are in the middle of the country and there is no place to turn around. All of a sudden the wind gets so fierce, the rain is so hard and horizontal we couldn't even see the front of the van. The van starts rocking. . .I was scared to death!!! We just kept on going at that point. . .and finally made it to a church and pulled into the parking lot. Since we had our grandson with us, it made me that much more scared. . .I could care less what happens to me, but him. . .don't want to get him hurt. We parked in the back of the church so there was a barrier between us and the storm. Finally, we decided to get going again and went another couple of miles out of the path of this thing. About 20 minutes later I looked at a website from NOAA that lists storm information. Turns out a tornado had been spotted on the ground about 4 miles south of where we were which prompted the tornado warning. Then I saw that a tornado had actually hit a part of our town. I honestly think that we were underneath the funnel cloud as it passed over the blacktop. There were trees, traffic lights and power lines down at the main intersection in town. All I can say is we were very lucky and I truly hope my dh learned a lesson!!!

Here are a couple of pages I got done before our grandson's visit, but with the server switchover at Digital Scrapbooking Studio, I'm just now getting around to posting the pages. . .



These were created using

And, here is a fun little page. . .

This was created using



And, with that I am out of here to go clean and recover from a long weekend!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: