Saturday, December 6, 2014

Thankful Wednesday!!!

Well, I have been gone for a few days. We had our Thanksgiving feast and I have to say it was really nice. I have always wanted to have all the grandkids here for a sleepover so this year, I got hotel rooms up the street for my girls. . .I figure this was a way they could sleep in AND this grandma could spend time with all the grandkids by herself!!! It was HEAVEN!!! Oh my goodness, we had so much fun. We started by having a pizza party, then we decorated the tree. This was the little guy's first time to decorate the tree and he just followed his cousin from branch to branch. Granted, I have some branches with 5 ornaments on it, but I have to tell you I think it is the most beautiful tree in the whole, entire world!!! Someone asked me if I was going to change it when the grandkids left - absolutely NOT!!! After we got the tree decorated, we watched Christmas shows - Frosty and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Then it was bedtime. I was able to get up early and get the rolls ready, cut the potatoes, and make the apple salad. From there on, it was just orchestrating putting things in the oven. We ate and then everyone took off. It was one of the best Thanksgivings EVER!!! So many wonderful memories!!!

Now, I have to say for the past week I have been working on getting sick. . .but I jokingly said I was going to put it off until Monday!!! Well, that is exactly what happened!!! I have the absolute WORSE flu that I can remember!!! High fever, muscle aches, deep cough, chills, I actually spent the entire day in bed yesterday and that is something I avoid at all costs!!! I try really hard to not give into an illness. . .with Lupus it seems like there is always something going on and I just refuse to give into it!!! But, this has knocked me for a loop. I can also understand why things happen to people who take too much medication when they are sick. Yesterday I simply could not keep track of what I had taken when. . .I was here by myself and got scared at one point so I just quit taking medicine altogether. Today I think I'll put a piece of paper in the bathroom so I can keep track of what I have taken.

I am so late getting pages posted with Thanksgiving and this silly flu, so here goes. . .first up a few Christmas pages. . .





These were created using







These were created using











These were created using

I have to say I had so much fun watching the grandkids decorate my Christmas tree this year. . .granted, some branches have 5 ornaments, but it is PERFECT to me!!! This is a photo of my dgs with the first tree that he is going to remember.

This page was created using

And, with that I'm outta here. . .where's that couch??? Until next time. . .

No comments: