Monday, December 15, 2014

The Gloom Continues

In this area, we have not seen the sun since the day after Thanksgiving!!! This is really getting old at this point. . .I swear if the sun would come out I would finally knock this last remnants of flu out of my system!!! This weekend we had a surprise visit from our daughter and granddaughter. We were going to go eat at the Pancake and Sausage Breakfast and when we pulled up, my granddaughter said "This isn't the Jesus church, this is the eating church!!!" Now that I think about it, in her mind that is right. She is never here on Sunday to go to church with us. . .she is always back home so she can go to her Sunday School. . .the only time she goes to our church is to EAT!!! Later in the afternoon, we took her to Kreckels, a local hamburger joint that has the absolute BEST burgers EVER!!! It was like a flashback. . .when her Mom was little, we would stop there for lunch after every single Saturday dance class. . .in my mind, this place was so much better for kids than McDonalds and the happy meals. Everything here is done fresh by hand. Oh my goodness, she ate and ate and ate!!! Then, they have the yummiest custard there, so she got a small bowl. . .the look on her face when she took that first bite was absolutely PRICELESS!!! One thing I can say for her, she is such a good eater. . .she has never refused to eat anything when she is here!!!

I am feeling pretty good about the holidays at this point too, I have all but 1 gift wrapped for the grandkids and it is so big I can't carry it so that one is going to my husband to do. On Wednesday once we get over this upcoming storm system, I am going to go to the state capitol and do the shopping for the adults on the list. . .that is mainly gift cards. So after Wednesday I should be done. The Christmas gathering with the inlaws is Sunday. . .I used to look forward to those, but anymore I dread that gathering. We don't have our Christmas until New Years Eve this year because of work and travel plans. . .and we don't have a traditional Christmas meal either. . .by that time, everyone is pretty much tired of turkey or ham, so we have Junk Food Day. . .I will make Italian Beef or Carnitas then add a variety of dips and other finger foods. People can eat what they want when they want. . .it seems to be a big hit each year!!! Wonder if my daughter will bring homemade tamales. . .love those things but just can't make them as well as she does!!!

Anyway, while my husband was busy with his Pancake and Sausage Breakfast, I have been scrapping. . .I can finally sit at the computer for more than 10 minutes at a time since that silly flu. . .I think I am up to about 20 minutes before I get tired now :-) Anyway, sit back and take a look. . . First up a set of Christmas pages. . .

These were created using



And a couple of soft, feminine pages. . .



These were created using





These were created using

And, with that I am outta here to go plan our Junk Food Day goodies and do a few chores. Maybe I will even find that book underneath all the holiday wrapping paper and read a while today!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: