Saturday, December 28, 2019

Holiday Haze Time

I don't know about you, but for me the week between Christmas and New Years is kind of a blurry haze for me. Maybe part of it is because while most folks have completed their holiday festivities, I am still in celebration mode. Our girls will come here the first weekend in January for our family Christmas. Friends ask me why we don't do a more traditional celebration and the reason is simple. . .our youngest daughter wants to spend time with her family at Christmas much the way we did when she was a child and I have total respect for that. We do get to see them during the holidays, but I have been there and I know what the gift of just time with your family means. Our other daughter always goes to her in-laws for the holidays and I'm good with that. We live so much closer to them than her in-laws do so I am very blessed in that regard. I am actually thrilled for the "other Grandma" to have the precious time with those grandkids!!! I am so happy for her I just can't describe it!!! I wouldn't take that away from them for anything!!!

This year however is different because of my broken foot. It is my driving foot and at this point I feel like I have lost my independence and that is super hard for me. I don't like bothering people when I need to go pick up something from the store, so I have to organize myself better (I'm pretty organized anyway) and I have to rely on someone to drive me. . .UGH!!!

With everything going on, and the somewhat limited time I have had at the computer this week, I don't have a lot to share, but here is my meager contribution for the week. . . Created using I told you it was a short list!!! And, with that I am outta here to go do some more of that holiday "thing". . .today it is cleaning!!! Until next time, have a Happy New Year!!!

No comments: