Monday, January 27, 2014

Move Over Monday

I certainly wonder who the joke is on. The forecasted low for today was below zero, so yesterday all of the school districts around started cancelling school for today. This morning, it was above zero when I got up at 5. Now, granted, the temperature is supposed to drop as the day goes on, but it is forecasted to still be above zero this evening. Back when my kids were in school, they would have had school today. . .and they NEVER cancelled school the day before!!! You would get up in the morning and listen to the radio to hear your school called. I guess there are pros and cons to the methods they are using now, but these kids have missed SSSSOOOO much school at this point. . .in our district none of the kids have to walk over a block to catch the bus, and in my neighborhood it seems like the bus is picking up the kids at their front door. . .so why can't these kids be in school???

So much for my morning rant. . .I have accomplished SSSOOO much already today. I have cleaned the carpets, did some cleaning on the freezer and I might even get ahead on that project later today. I have taken care of the kitties and cleaned my desk off. Since it is so cold, I am going to make a pot of soup later, but I had my meat in the refrigerator in the garage and when I pulled it this morning, it was frozen, so I am waiting for that to thaw. I can get the soup started by noon and it will be super yummy by dinner time :-)

I also managed to wrap up a couple of pages, so sit back and take a look. . .



These were created using







These were created using

And, with that I'm off to work on a couple of craft projects and do a little job for my husband. Until next time. . .

No comments: