Monday, June 16, 2014

Survived!!!

I survived the weekend and am in MUCH better shape than I thought I would be!!! This weekend, my youngest daughter and her family came down and we all went together to our oldest daughter's for a visit and some fun times. Started with a dance recital for a very excited six-year old on Saturday!!! I have to say, I think she did an awesome job!!! Now, I've sat through and worked my share of dance recitals and I can tell when a dancer enjoys herself. . .my granddaughter seemed to enjoy the entire experience. She had requested that I do her hair and makeup (OK, I have had 15 years of experience doing recital hair). I had so much fun curling her hair. . .and she was so good and patient through the whole process. Then came the makeup and she was equally as good. . .my other granddaughter who is 4 wanted makeup too and thankfully I had brought my makeup bag and had very light and natural stuff that I could use for her. . .the only glitch was her Mom didn't want red stage lipstick and she knew the difference!!! Good old Grandma though had some sparkly light lipstick and with that granddaughter, sparkles trump EVERYTHING!!! So we were good.

After the recital, we went to the hotel. Neither girl has ever been in a hotel, so we invited the 6-year old to spend the night with us. Those two little girls had a great time!!! They got to swim and hang out together. . .not something they get to do very often!!!

On Sunday, we took 3 families to Six Flags. I was worried that it was going to rain - in fact, we had a huge downpour while we were still at the hotel. But it quit and before we left it was starting to clear. However, the forecast still had rain in it for the afternoon. But that didn't concern me too much because I figured with 3 kids ranging in age from 6 to 2 that we'd be gone by 2 in the afternoon!!! I told the 4-year old as we were driving to look for the park and if she saw anything that looked like Six Flags she should let me know. . .we drove past a strip mall and she shouts "I see ONE flag!!!". Sure enough, there was a single US flag!!! Too funny!!!

I was so surprised, it seemed like everyone had a great time!!! The kids liked the rides, but I was shocked that the 4-year old liked rides that I thought she'd even be reluctant to try!!! Our grandson only wanted to ride trains, but he LOVES his trains and thinks that Amtrack is just the best thing on earth!!! Everyone was having a great time and we ended up staying until 5!!! What a shock to me!!! We got back to our house and then the daughter who rode with us still had a 1-1/2 hour drive. But, everyone got back home safe and sound. Sure hope everyone got a good night's sleep!!! I know I sure did!!!

With trying to get ready for the weekend, I forgot to share a couple of pages with you so here goes. . . .



These were created using a kit by Crazy 4 Monograms. The name suggests that it is a Father's Day themed page, but it is so much more versatile!!! I thought it made some super cute pages for our grandson!!!

And, with that I'm outta here to go get some groceries and work on uploading all the photos I took over the weekend!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: