Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Long Week!!!

This has been one of those trying weeks. I am planning a surprise for my dh's upcoming birthday this coming weekend. Trying to plan a surprise for another person in the house is no small feat!!! I have been planning for a while now. . .subtly cleaning the house, planning the food when he is asleep and thought I had everything well in hand. Then here we are, the last few days before the "big event" and all of my planning seems to have gone out the window!!! It started on Sunday when my dh got a phone call from the mechanic working on his mower. After nearly 20 years, the mechanic recommended not putting any more money into the unit. So, Sunday we went mower shopping. On Monday, we made the final decision and purchased the mower we chose. Now, that should have been a fairly easy task. . .it took 3 sales people to try to figure out how to do that and in the end, two computer programmers (my dh and myself) were the secret to finding the pages they needed to write down the information for the ticket. THEN, we had to go out of town for a visitation. That in and of itself was a strange situation. My husband and myself are pretty social people, so we can ALWAYS find somebody to talk to. There are a couple of aunts on my husband's side that I particularly enjoy spending time with. So I go talk to them. My dh's family arrives and they all sit together and never interact with anyone. Today, we have to go out of town for the funeral so we won't get home until mid to late afternoon. Then tomorrow, I have to try to get everything done in 1 day that I had planned on doing in 3 days. Now, my plans for Friday were to make all the food - hide the salads and make up an excuse for the crockpot of meat. Yesterday, my dh told me he MIGHT take a day of vacation on Friday!!! NOW what am I gonna do??? Geeze, he is NOT making this surprise party easy!!!

Not to mention I had my second run-in with a mosquito on Sunday and have been having an allergic reaction to the bites. One bite has caused my entire foot to swell so badly. The next mosquito bite will be the worse, so I am avoiding the outdoors at the moment!!!

With all my late night activity, I have managed to complete a couple of pages so here goes. . .

First up



These were created using

And, with that I'm outta here. . .so much to do and so little time to get it done!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: