Thursday, July 17, 2014

Tiring Thursday

Today is the dreaded laundry day. . .but I am making serious progress on that front!!! My last load of laundry is in the washer as I type. . .but I have one load that is being slow to dry!!!

Not long after that first load of laundry went in, the phone rang. . .daughter #2 has pink eye. Got off the phone with her and the phone rings again. . .now I hardly ever get more than 1 phone call a day. This time is was my MIL and that can never be good. Sure enough, my dh's uncle who turned 99 last year passed away this morning. This is my dh's second uncle in just under a month to pass away. When I saw this uncle at the funeral last month, he was still sharp as a tack, but seemed more feeble than before. This is the last of "the brothers" and the end of that generation.

My accomplishment this week. . .I finally have my desk the way I like it!!! It only took about 15 years!!! My desk had a pull-out keyboard and I have always hated that thing. My legs just didn't fit underneath comfortably the way I sit. As I was doing some cleaning a couple of months ago, I saw a board that suddenly came to mind on Monday!!! Had my husband locate it and after some reengineering, it now sits on my desk with my dual monitors elevated. I can now put the keyboard on the desk along with the mouse AND Wacom tablet!!! I have removed the pull-out keyboard and I am able to sit comfortably at my desk!!! I have been having some problems with my legs lately and it seems like this is alleviating some of the joint pain I have been having!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Since I am able to sit here longer, I have been on a scrapping frenzy!!! So here goes!!!

First up, a couple of pages using a kit that has a decidedly nautical theme, but I love the challenge of having a kit transcend it's intended purpose.



These were created using





These were created using

And, with that I am outta here. The news of the day is certainly disheartening. . .another reminder of how fragile life and our world are. Until next time. . .

No comments: