Monday, June 22, 2015

Sultry Sweaty Summertime

The humid weather continues today. There has been heavy rains in our part of the country for the past 8 or 9 days. It is not uncommon for a given location to get 5 inches of rain in 2 hours. . .all of that is creating flooding, and in these parts, LOTS of flooded corn and soybean fields. So many roads have been closed because of flooding. Thankfully, my village has missed the bulk of that, but I have farmer friends who have been affected by the deluge. At this point in the year, it is a tough decision to replant the fields once they dry out or just sit out a year. We will have corn tasseling in the area in the next week or so, so anything replanted would be significantly behind!!! I grew up on a farm and I can tell you farm life can be so very rewarding, but it can be so trying too!!!

Today is the day my new refrigerator should arrive. As I type, I'm anxiously awaiting the call from the scheduler to let me know what time it will arrive. My house seems like a wreck at the moment. I had to take everything out from underneath the sink, everything is out of the fridge. . .at least what I could salvage, since we have to shorten the cabinet over the refrigerator, everything is out of that cupboard. . .it just seems like kitchen stuff EVERYWHERE!!! I have tried to put things in laundry baskets and put them in the sunroom, but there are a few things still out on the counter and it is driving me NUTS!!!

With the week I have had, I am surprised I have gotten any scrapping done at all, but there are times, I just need to escape and right here in "Photoshop Land" seems to be my sanctuary!!! So, here goes. . .





These were created using





These were created using

And how about this adorable mine. . .

This was created using





These were created using

And, with that I am outta here to go tackle this ever growing to-do list!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: