Monday, June 1, 2015

Meandering Monday

This is going to be one of those days where I don't know where the journey will take me. We went to our granddaughter's dance recital on Saturday and brought our 3-year old grandson back for a visit. He has been wanting to come up here for the longest time and since his sister has summer school activities and his Mom has a workshop to attend, this seemed like a good time. I didn't have anything planned though and I am the ultimate planner!!! Yesterday I had all of these ideas of what we could do and it was cold and raining all day long!!! So, we played with Legos, played a few games, watched a NASCAR race (he was ALL about the Skittles car, the Target car and the McDonald's car. . .talk about brand recognition!!!). Then last night, he and his Grandpa built an awesome Hot Wheels track!!! I have to admit it is pretty fabulous!!!

Today, if the weather cooperates, I think we are going to go to the zoo for a while. . .we may have a picnic too, but it depends on how cold it is outside. If it is too cold, we may pack a lunch and head to the lake. Back in the day when I was working, I would take my lunch to the lake everyday - rain or shine. I would park facing the lake and enjoy my lunch. . .his sister thought that was pretty special a couple of years ago so I can always try that with him too :-) It is usually the simple things that they like the best. . .I think Grandpa may mow the yard today, then tomorrow it will be an outing to play miniature golf. He is going to get to stay until later in the week so I hope we have a LOT of fun. . .

With a guest, my scrapping time is going to be limited, so I am going to go ahead and post my one lonely layout. . .but it is a photo of my little guest from last year. . .



This was created using a new template set from Dagi. . .



And, with that I am outta here to see how much I can accomplish before our guest wakes up and we get the day started!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: