Thursday, October 8, 2015

Wednesday Wonderlust

I have a busy day planned today. . .going to go to the area outlet mall. It is about 45 minutes away, but it is all country driving. This time of year that means farm equipment and grain trucks. For the life of me I don't understand why farm equipment has to drive for MILES on a state highway when there are section roads all over the place. And, some of the farmers will get over, but some just don't and those are the ones that are so annoying. And, just don't get me started on grain trucks. . .those things are driven by "casual" semi drivers and they simply have NO clue how to drive. Now, with all that you'd think I was a city girl, but no, I grew up on a farm and yes, my Dad did drive equipment occasionally on the state highway, but just long enough to get to the next levee so he could get off that road. And my Mom was a professional semi driver. I can not begin to count the number of close calls I have had with grain trucks. . .they have no idea how stop lights work (red means run right through right) and are clueless when it comes to how wide they are and they end up taking up 2 lanes. Just last week I had a close call at a stop light. . .my light was green and other cars had gone through the light and it was my turn. . .I have had enough close calls that I look before I go and sure enough there was a grain truck whizzing along going WAY over the speed limit and right through the red light. Had I not looked, I wouldn't be writing this blog this morning. . .just saying!!! Just saw on the news that a grain truck ran completely over a car stopped at a light. . .truck ended up straddling the nearby railroad track and the car was totaled. . .how fast do you think THAT truck was going??? I understand the stress of harvest season, but leave me out of it OK??? Slow down, enjoy life, and especially the harvest. . .

But, enough about that. . .I have done a bit of scrapping and want to share so here goes. . .



These were created using

And with that I am outta here for a couple of days. . .until next time. . .

No comments: