Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sweet, Sweet Sunday

What an awesome day!!! For the past two weeks I have been on a cleaning frenzy along with having either the nastiest summer cold I have ever had OR the fiercest allergies!!! My yard sale was Friday and Saturday and I just want to go on record as saying I hope this is the last yard sale I ever have!!! The last one I had was 10 years ago when we remodeled our kitchen and it was at least 106 outside that time. This time, the high on Friday didn't even get to 50 and we had rain!!! I was also surprised at the shift in customer's selections. . .books used to sell really well, not this time. Everyone must have an e-reader now. And, I had a nice set of dishes, nobody wanted dishes either. I now have everything boxed up. . .books and DVD's are going to the library, some things will go to a thrift shop run by a church and the rest is headed to Good Will. My purpose in having a yard sale was two fold. . .I wanted to make enough money to get a propane smoker and if I had extra, I wanted to make enough that I could take an art journal course. I will get to do both of those. My second purpose was to get rid of stuff so when my time comes my girls won't have so much to go through. I still had a LOT of Mom's stuff in storage so I went through all that and had every intention of dealing with all of it. I did really well until I opened the first of 4 boxes of glass stuff. . .and I realized I simply could not do it. Mom always liked having glass stuff around and I know that a lot of this stuff came from garage sales and has no significance, but they belonged to MOM!!! I just could not deal with it, so I left those things boxed. Sorry girls, you will have to go through that. . .

With everything going on, my scrapping has suffered, but I hope to spend tomorrow getting rid of the sale excess and getting the rooms back in order. Then with the temperatures heating up, I want to just sit and scrap. . .need me some "scrap therapy" in the worse way!!! I have managed a couple of pages so here goes. . .

This was created using this adorable kit



This was created using

And, with that I'm outta here to straighten the house and try to recover from the past 2 weeks!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: