Wednesday, November 19, 2014

UGH!!!

I was so excited about the weekend. . .our granddaughter was coming for a visit on Friday, Saturday we were going to take her to her Nutcracker practice and on Sunday we were going to take her home. We did accomplish all of those things, but I ended up with a nasty cold / sinus infection. I felt horrible all weekend and don't feel that I really got to enjoy playing with her. . .and once again, I didn't even get the camera out to take pictures. I hate when I don't get a chance to record her growth just a bit. She is growing up so fast!!! She is reading a bit and finds words so fascinating!!! We did make some brownies, but that was about the extent of the baking that we got done.

Now, my attention turns to Christmas projects (calendars and scrapbooks) and Thanksgiving. The in-law Thanksgiving is next Sunday. Everyone just assumes that I will be making the turkey. . .they never ask mind you, just assume. Well, I did it last year and it takes a LOT to not only make everything, but to transport everything that you need to cater the meal. This year, because of my sister-in-law's work schedule, we set the date for next Sunday. That would mean in a span of 6 days I would be doing 2 meals. . .not gonna happen!!! And, since nobody volunteered to make the turkey (OK, nobody else knows how to make a turkey), my dh and I talked about just eating at a restaurant. There is only restaurant in the area that can accommodate a crowd that large. . .and unfortunately they don't have turkey on Sunday!!! My sister-in-law (the one who has the work schedule issues) got all bent out of shape over no turkey. . .after all, Thanksgiving is more about the turkey and less about being with family right???? Anyway, my dh sent out a note last week to see how many would be going. . .she declined!!! UGH!!! She would rather go to her niece's taekwondo meet than get together with her family. That's the "functional family" that I married into!!!

I have managed to do a bit of scrapping so here goes. . .these are just too cute in my opinion!!!



These were created using



And how about a couple of elegant pages???



These were created using

And finally, with the snow outside, I got in the mood to do a Christmas page. . .

This was created using

And, with that I'm outta here to go work on a few projects!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: