Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Finally

This week has both flown by and been one of those slow weeks. For some reason I haven't really been motivated to accomplish anything. I think it is the downside of 2 weekends with grandkids. And, at the same time I am trying to figure out plans for the next couple of months. I have stressed out because the in-law side of the family just decided last night when they are having Easter. Again, it will be late in the day on Sunday and because of the lateness it keeps my girls from being able to attend. Honestly, most all of the "celebrations" there are intended for one specific member of the family - and it isn't my MIL!!! Anyway, I have a dilemma as to what to take for the potluck. I have the feeling that our Easter dinner will consist of ham sandwiches. I am usually asked to take a hashbrown casserole (well actually 2 casseroles), but if we are just having sandwiches I am not inclined to do a lot of work. I have taken an Amish macaroni salad, but now my BIL goes to WalMart and buys a container of macaroni salad. I have taken a 7-layer lettuce salad, but one of my sister-in-laws takes a head of lettuce and chops it up there, adds a tomato and frozen vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots (as a side note - those cold, slimy, soggy veggies are a big turnoff). I have taken potato salad, but none of them eat potato salad. Maybe a 3-bean salad would be nice. . .I have a yummy recipe from one of my dh's aunts. I love the salad, my dh, not so much!!! For a large family, they are very picky eaters!!!

Now, since I know about the plans, I can start working on my Easter. . .if we will even have an Easter!!!

With all this stress, I have only managed one page. So here goes



This was created using

And, with that I'm off of here to go plan my near-term day and longer-term Easter weekend!!! Wish me luck and until next time. . .

No comments: