Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Terrific Tuesday

I think I am about over that post-chaotic, wonderful holiday stupor that happens after all of the kids are here AND we have a gathering at my mother-in-law's house. I had so much fun with the grandkids when they were here. Each one has such a fun personality. The 5-year old is Miss Studious. She helped me cook by reading the recipes. . .what 5-year old knows the word "cucumber"? She reads anything at will!!! Can't wait until this summer when she visits, I am going to introduce her to my cousin's book series about her family. The 4-year old is just a bundle of optimism. She is so caring yet she can be a free spirit!!! Then there's the 2-year old grandson who is so smitten with Grandpa. . .it makes my heart leap when I see him follow Grandpa around and look up at him!!! That is a very special bond!!! We had our festivities on Saturday since one daughter had to get back home because of her husband's work. Sunday we went to my mother-in-law's house. I NEVER enjoy time spent there. Our Easter "feast" consisted of deli-ham, my two salads, and 3 bags of chips. There was dessert for the kids, but nothing for the adults. They don't understand that all it takes is a little bit of coordination!!! Oh, we did have green beans, but they came 30 minutes after we were done eating!!! I told my husband that going forward I would be more than happy to cater events. . .for a fee!!! If anyone were ever thankful for the work that goes into a meal, I would do it for free, but I have NEVER even gotten so much as a "thank you" from anyone other than my own children. Then, there's the parents that just send their children out to play on the neighbor's swingset next to a main road without supervision!!! There is no barrier to keep the 4-year old from running out into the street and the 6-year old girl is totally clueless as to why it is NOT a good idea to walk right in front of a swing!!! My husband and I ended up supervising that activity while their parents and grandparents sat inside the house. . .

My goal today is to get caught up scrapping everything that I want to get done. . .I am now 1 month behind on my 2015 calendar, so I need to get that caught up today!!!

At any rate, here's what I've been working on since late last week. . .

Love this for those elegant or heritage photos!!!



These were created using



And, how about this super cute set!!!



These were created using

And, with that I'm outta here to do some other mundane tasks like washing linens, switching out summer and winter clothes, yada, yada, yada!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: