Monday, April 28, 2014

Refershed And Awake

Goodness, isn't it fantastic to have a weekend where you have absolutely nothing to do!!! I just had one of those. It is so relaxing to be able to do what you want when you want to do it!!! No pressures. . .just finding joy in everything that needed to get done. Gosh, I even enjoyed cleaning the kitchen at a leisurely rate instead of being frantic to get things done. Sure wish every day could be like that, but alas I suppose if it were then we wouldn't appreciate those laid back days.

This coming week is going to be chaotic though so back into the fire!!! This weekend is of course iNSD. Every since I have gotten into digital scrapping, we have had something going on that weekend. The first weekend I was aware of iNSD, we were in the midst of a remodel project. The Friday before iNSD, I was removing wallpaper from the bathroom and using a kitchen chair to stand on. My dh thought that was a bad idea so he brought me a ladder and left to go mow the church property. I was tackling the wallpaper around the tub so I climbed on the ladder, then realized I needed something, thought I was only up 1 step and to make a long story short, I fell. Ended up across the bathtub, heard a lot of popping when I hit. Couldn't get out of there - everytime I tried to move it hurt so bad!!! After 45 minutes of pain and trying to get out, I made it. . .had to drag myself down the hallway because I couldn't stand. Found the phone and called my dh, who, of course was on the mower an couldn't hear his phone. Ended up in the ER and had a badly sprained shoulder, bruised ribs, sprained pelvis, sprained knee and ankle. Thankfully nothing was broken - I would save that for the NEXT year!!! Move on to the next year. . .our daughter got married that day!!! The next year, I had plans to stay home, do some digi-shopping, play some games, but instead, we got a call around midnight that our daughter was in labor 3 weeks early so we jumped in the car so we could be there to meet our first grandchild. That little one was born on iNSD and every year since we have had a birthday party to attend. This year she will be 6 and has told me for the better part of 6 months that this year is having a "friends" party and she so gently has told me each time that she just wants "friends" there. So, here I sit, with her birthday less than a week away and I don't know if we are supposed to go to her party or not :-) We do have plans on going down in a couple of weeks when she is done with her school and Girl Scout activities and spending the weekend with them. For the past year she has talked about going to Six Flags. . .her Mom drives by Six Flags every day on her way to work and Evie has always talked about going there. So, we are going to take her to Six Flags!!! I think she will have a blast and with Grandma and Grandpa there in addition to her family, someone can watch her brother while she just has FUN!!! She is the kind of girl who loves rides and she'll enjoy the shows too!!! Should be a fun time!!!

Anyway, with the laid back weekend, I did some scrapping, so here goes. First up

This was created using

And how about these adorable pages - from mini kits!!!



These were created using





These were created using

And, with that I'm outta here to go clean downstairs. I started rearranging furniture on Friday and had other things to do like hook up electronics. Ran into a snag with that and will have to have a technician from the cable company come out and work on that. . .I suspect it is a faulty HD Adapter box but I'm just an ordinary customer so what do I know??? Until next time. . .

No comments: