Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday Excitement

I am so excited about today!!! My daughter and granddaughter are going to come down for a visit. This is our granddaughter's first year in dance so her first recital is coming up in a couple of weeks. So excited for her!!! In December she was in a production of The Nutcracker. So her Mom could see her on stage the very first time she performed in her life, I volunteered to work the dressing room for her. . .after all, I am a "trained professional" seeing that I worked backstage for some 15 years when the girls were in dance. When she came back from her first number, I asked her how it was, she just looked at me and said "Grandma, it was AWESOME!!!" which I thought was pretty good for a 5-year old!!! She wasn't scared in the least and had such a good time!!! Her Mom was a dancer and teacher and coach. . .they have always watched So You Think You Can Dance together, so she is pretty excited about the next couple of weeks. But, one of her costumes needs to be altered just a tad and since it is her first time to do that, my daughter want's me to take a look at that. . .I can remember having to completely remake costumes for people that either came in too big, too little or damaged and there was NEVER time to get a replacement!!! It was those times I thanked my Mom for teaching me how to sew!!!

It is super early. . .couldn't sleep for some reason, maybe it is the headache. The windows are opened, there is no light outside, but the birds are chirping and that always means it is going to be a good day!!!

Yesterday, after I got done with all the cleaning I started, I managed to get a couple of pages done, so here goes. . .



These were created using

And, with that I am out of here to make a very important decision. . .do I make brownies or apple pie for our visitors!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: