Friday, April 17, 2015

Thursday Thunder

Today is shaping up to be a stormy day!!! While they say we have a chance of storms, I suspect it will just be rain. But, since I don't have a cooktop at the moment, rain requires changes to our menu for the day!!! I finally ordered a cooktop yesterday, but it can't be installed until the 30th because of the installer's schedule. So I have a couple of weeks of planning menus that we can cook outside. I did pick up a super cheap electric skillet yesterday. . .it is so cheap it can't be put in water to clean!!! I suspect that thing will find a new home once I have a cooktop!!! Finding a cooktop was quite the chore!!! I have white appliances in the kitchen, but anymore white appears to be very difficult to find!!! Everything is stainless and that just isn't something I want!!! I think it looks too "industrial" and not homey at all!!! Plus, when I was a little girl, my Mom decided to put stainless stuff in our kitchen. . .I absolutely HATED that stuff!!! And while they may have made strides since then, I recall that stuff being hard to keep clean and if a little dent gets in it, it looks HORRIBLE!!! Just give me plain old white!!! Anyway, the model I really wanted only comes in stainless. . .come on companies, give me a CHOICE!!! I really resent companies trying to tell me what I should like!!! I just wanted to see the model that was available to me. . .what is up with stores that expect you to make a huge investment sight unseen!!! Nobody within a 200 mile radius had that model on display!!! And, I was amazed at the number of stores that don't even HAVE an appliance display area!!! I can say I will definitely NEVER order anything from those stores!!! Yesterday I finally ordered a cooktop, so that decision is behind me now - thank goodness!!!

With all the drama of the cooktop and the death of a girl who was between my two girls, it has been a difficult week to say the least. I think my scrapping has suffered a bit, but I have managed to get a couple of pages done so here goes. . .



This was created using

And another set. . .sometimes you just can't stop at one!!!



These were created using





These were created using

And, with that I am outta here to go get busy on all the things I want to accomplish today!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: