Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day. . .This is one of those bittersweet days for me. Looking back over the years, I deeply regret all of the Mother Days that I spent with my mother-in-law rather than my own Mother. My Mom never, ever said anything and for the first few years after I lost my Mom and before my girls became mothers, this day was so full of remorse. But, as my girls became mothers, I began to understand my Mom's take on the whole Mother's Day thing. My Mom and I would call each other all the time. . .I talk to my girls a lot too and I am sure they have NO idea how my heart leaps when I hear their ringtone on the phone. I don't need a single day in the year to know that I matter to them. . .each phone call tells me that!!! I understand that the girls are super busy with their own families and that is the way it SHOULD be!!! I don't need much. . .I am sssssoooo happy on this Mother's Day that I have two girls who are grounded and have become really awesome people!!! Then, there are those grandkids. . .they are pretty awesome folks too!!! I am so thankful that I don't need much on this special day. . .I am content in knowing that my job as a Mom is complete and I happen to think I did a descent job :-) But, I certainly hope my girls have a fantastic Mother's Day - they deserve it!!!

This afternoon, my dh is going to spend the afternoon with his family. I don't need the aggravation and since it is Mother's Day, I figure that is a good excuse to not go down there. So, today is going to be "my" day. . .I am going to find a movie to watch (two years ago it was The Impossible - excellent movie for Mother's Day) and I'm going to go to the Mom and Pop Chinese place and get some yummy food!!! Yesterday I made a yummy salad for him to take down there. . .Me cooking for a hoard of people is NOT my idea of a great Mother's Day - LOLOL!!! I have to draw the line somewhere :-)

Anyway, I have been scrapping just a tad with the hot weather. . .so here goes. . .



These were created using







These were created using



And, with that, I am outta here. . .after a few days of clouds the sun is out for a while so I plan on taking advantage of that!!! Hope everyone has a Happy Mother's Day. . .Until next time. . .

No comments: