Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday Mosquito Mayhem

This weekend, I went over to the neighbor's house. She is an elderly lady and I suspect she is quite lonely since her husband passed away so I stood outside and talked with her for a while. . .all the time getting mosquito bites!!! Now, for most people, a mosquito bite is just an annoying inconvenience, but with my autoimmune system, it makes my life miserable!!! This morning, I woke up before 3 am in pain!!! I have one mosquito bite that is about 3 inches in diameter and so darn hard and HOT. The others are hard and hot, but they are about half that size. I didn't suspect that mosquitos would be out in force yet, so I am totally out of anything to try to get a little bit of relief. . .that will be remedied as soon as the store opens!!! My immune system thinks these bites are a major invasion and it has attacked that area in full force!!! Typically, I hold back a bit of medicine when I can get it from the doctor and one little tablet takes care of it, but I am out and the doctor just will not prescribe it unless I have something else going on. . .funny how a bottle of pills that sells for under a dollar can't be readily available to me. I can take comfort in knowing that if this year is like past years, the next mosquito bite will be even WORSE!!! Typically the first bite isn't so bad and they get progressively worse. . .last year, my entire forearm swelled - UGH!!! Painful and miserable, so I try to avoid the outdoors at all costs!!!

So, to try to take my mind off this pain, I started scrapping a bit and here's the results. . .



These were created using









These were created using



And, with that I am outta here to go get something for these bites!!! They are driving me NUTS!!! Until next time. . .

No comments: